Buying a Home
1. Mortgages & Pre-Approvals: By getting a pre-approval it gives you the peace of mind knowing you can afford the homes you view on the market and it will help ensure you will not have any problems arranging financing. A pre-approval also shows sellers that you are a serious, prepared buyer which gives you a leg up on any competition.
2. Deciding on a Home, things to look for that are not in a listing
- Will the home need any major repairs, remodeling or renovations?
- Who your neighbours are?
- Turnover rate
- Resale value
- Close to work, family and friends
- Neighbourhood – are homes well kept, is there access to public transit, shopping, and parks?
3. The Consultation: We will meet with you to chat about what your criteria and budget are for your new property. Once we have your wish list, we will then create an automated profile that sends you an email whenever a property fits your criteria so you are notified immediately. We may even find you an active listing at this stage of the process that suits your needs!
4. Creating an Attractive Offer: We will recommend an offering price that has the best chance of being accepted by the seller without over-paying for the home. There may be the condition on the offer such as the sale of your home, we may also suggest the condition of passing a professional home inspection - this is for your protection. If a counter-offer is needed, we will work with the seller’s agent to ensure we negotiate the best offer for our clients while communicating with you through the entire process. Once the seller agrees to the deal we will help you through any conditions and firm up the deal!
5. Financing: Contact your Mortgage Broker to finalize all information while discussing the closing date along with the timing of closing on your existing property. We will work with the seller’s agent, your lawyer and your mortgage lender to ensure that all the necessary paperwork has been completed and submitted.
6. Prepare for the Closing Day
- Contact your Lawyer (see our list of preferred vendors)
- Schedule a Moving Company (see our list of preferred vendors)
- Book the House Cleaners (see our list of preferred vendors)
- Prepare for the final walk through of your new property to ensure all inspection conditions are met
- Contact your Home Insurance Company and update new terms & conditions
- Remember to change your address
- Send RSVP’s for your House Warming Party!
16 Wynfield Lane
Sold16 Wynfield Lane, London, ON, Canada
Welcome to Wynfield Estates, an executive neighbourhood that is less than 5 minutes from Hyde Park and one of a kind. Sitting on over half...$1,100,000
30 Wynfield Lane
Sold30 Wynfield Lane, London
Welcome to Wynfield, we guarantee you will fall in love with this home, the property, and the neighbourhood. Located in Melrose, 5 minutes...$849,900